Monday, February 8, 2010

Hex in High Heels by Linda Wisdom

When Hex in High Heels by Linda Wisdom appeared in my mailbox I was shocked. I hadn’t been asked to review it, I hadn’t won it and I hadn’t purchased it. Like the theme of the book, it magically appeared. Having read many non-fiction and heavier books, I decided, what the heck, I’ll give this fluff a try. I was pleasantly surprised by how engrossing and entertaining it was. The story is about a vintage shop owner, who also happens to be a witch, Blair and her lust for Jake, who as it turns out is a were-collie. A were-collie, now that’s new one, but that wasn’t what surprised me. The book is very well written and the plot is engaging. Wisdom has not only assembled an eclectic cast of characters, she also gives the reader romance, action, sibling rivalry, mystery, suspense, all with a healthy dose of humor. This is a quick read that will titillate your senses. 4.5 out of five stars.


This book was provided by a mystery source. I don’t know who you are, but I thank you.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds really entertaining! Love books about witches and shape shifters. And here there are both! Love the cover too - we used to have a clock like that when I was growing up!

    Sometimes a light-hearted read is just what is called for! I think I'll have to add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear friend!
    Please visit my blog today - I have an award for you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. It has a little bit of everything in it. There's romance, suspense, mystery, murder and laughs. Enjoyed your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine that! A book mysteriously appearing...it does sound intriguing, though.

    Maybe Ember found it on her travels?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. No return address, eh. I love lycanthropy. One of these days, mine will get published. This one is making it to my wish list. Thanks CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi all

    I just thought it would be good to introduce myself to everyone!

    Can't wait to start some good conversations!

    -Marshall

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello


    just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


    hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

    ReplyDelete