Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Transition: Winning in the 4th Quarter of Life by Dennis Niewoehner


While I’m still in the 2nd quarter of my life (even though sometimes I feel like I’m in the 4th quarter), when I look at the current political, social and economic climate, I know I need to plan for my future security now. Niewoehner’s The Transition: Winning in the 4th Quarter of Life offers excellent advise for the retirement generation. It is also a great resource for all generations. When we are young, we think we have all the time in the world; we’ll start planning “tomorrow”. No matter what stage of planning one is in, this book offers sound advise for making the transition from one stage of life to another smoother. 4.5 out of five stars.


This book was provided by the author.

4 comments:

  1. It's never too soon to start planning for your future because time has a way of flying by before you know it. We can be in our second quarter of life, turn around twice and the fourth quarter is beginning. Sounds like an interesting book and important tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have caused me to become intrigued by the book. Great post as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember in the first quarter and early second quarter of my life hearing about planning for the future with 401K contributions, etc., and you're so right that when we're young we feel like we have so much time.

    Luckily I did begin planning for the future several years ago – again, as you said, it's never too late. But there's a lot more to this "plan" than your financial situation, and it sounds as though this book goes into those other things as well.

    Sounds like a great resource for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rarely want to think about that 4th quarter. I am planning now, but I bet this book has some great tips I hadn't thought of yet.

    ReplyDelete