Monday, September 21, 2009

Book Review - Dream Reachers by Chase Von and Betty Dravis



Dream Reachers is a compilation of interviews conducted by Chase Von and Betty Dravis. Some of the interviews offer a glimpse back in time to a young Clint Eastwood, Tanya Tucker, Ted Kennedy and Jane Russell. One shares the story of a Hollywood starlet's compassion. How Ann Sothern read to Betty's six-year-old daughter while she was in the hospital. Most of the interviews cover minor celebrities, musicians and writers. They all share a common theme...people pursuing their dreams,despite where they are in life or what life throws at them. The book also includes wonderful pictures of these inspirational people. Are they doctors, noble prize winners, saints? No,but they do all send the message of hope and faith. As the front cover states, "Only those who stretch to reach their dreams find themselves living them." If this book portrays one main theme it is to take opportunities when they come because you never know where they may lead. That's what Betty did when given the chance to interview Clint Eastwood, even though she had no photographer and was having a very bad hair day. She seized the day and not only got her interview but a great story to share with the readers of this book.

This is a book you don't have to read cover to cover in one sitting because it is a collection. It would be a great coffee table or reception area book. I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

*This book was provided by the author.

5 comments:

  1. Being a HUGE film noir fan, and lover of Hollywood trivia, this sounds like a great "coffee table" book and a fun read!!

    BTW Chris - be sure to visit my blog today - I've given you an AWARD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Chris, I love your review of our book; your writing style is flawless. Chase and I appreciate it and are happy that you enjoyed reading our stories.

    Would it be too much to ask you to publish it at Amazon.com and perhaps at BN.com. I would really appreciate that.

    You have a wonderful website that I'll check from time to time. Keep up the great work. You rock!

    Hugs - Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments and praise. It means so much coming from someone such as yourself. I really enjoyed the stories and interviews. It was a refreshing break from what I typically read. I'm glad you like the review. I will definitely post it to Amazon and B&N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chris,

    Love your hair too.

    I'll also send you a copy of my "Toonies Invade Silcon Valley" when the second edition comes out, if you would like. It's been my most popular book to date, and was the most fun to write. A YA that proved popular with adults; great reviews. I hope you like it...

    Best of luck with your fab website.

    Hugs - Betty

    ReplyDelete