Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BBAW - My Reading Habits

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

Rarely. But if I do it's usually something like M&M's or those candy corn pumpkins Diane & I love.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

Fiction I never mark, but non-fiction I sometimes highlight.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

I have a magnetic bookmark I use, because the cats steal everything else. Sometimes I mark pages with post-it flags also.


Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

If it's a book, I love it!

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Definitely hard copy. I like audiobooks, but I get too easily distracted and miss things, then have to replay.


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

Depends on the book and the author.


If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

If it's fiction I just keep reading, but non-fiction I will look up words.


What are you currently reading?

Dream Reachers, Dark Slayer and I'm just about to start the new Dan Brown, because it came in the mail today!

What is the last book you bought?

Dark Slayer


Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

I obviously read more than one at a time, but I do try to make sure the genres are atleast different. Otherwise I tend to get the characters confused. I am blonde afterall...hehehe

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

I read books everywhere and always have atleast one with me. My favorite time of day is early evening, just after the sun has set.....must be that vampire blood.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I love both, but if I really love the characters nothing beats a series. They become like your best friend from college. You don't talk to them all that often but when you do the time in between disappears

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Steve Berry or Michael Crichton... either author usually has something for everyone.

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

Right now most are in boxes if I've read them, the rest are piled all over my room, but when I had my library in my house, they were by hard cover or soft cover, then by genre, then alpha by author. I'm a bit OCD.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I was munching candy corn just last night! (I was writing though, rather than reading - I need to do more of that!) Good for you for munching on some junk food!

    L. Diane Wolfe “Spunk On A Stick”
    www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. More things in common! This was an interesting idea yesterday, and I missed it! Glad I came back today and discovered yours (I'd seen Diane's yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Diane's late last night and remembered. You can still post one on yours. It's never too late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up some pumpkins from Wally world today.

    ReplyDelete