Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Neutralize Your Blogs Carbon Footprint and Help Reforest

One of my favorite things is trees. They are so majestic. They have such history. The things they could tell us if they could speak. They are like giant guardians over the world. They clean our air, stabilize on ground, and provide us shelter. And then there is their beauty. Visually they signal the changing seasons with their bright green leaves and often budding flowers and fruit at winters end, the darkening of the leaves and falling of the fruit and blooms as spring progresses into summer, the kaleidoscope of colors that signal fall and the majestic trunks and branches that stand watch through the winter. Without trees the world would have long ago become a wasteland.
and the Arbor Day Foundation are partnering to reforest the Plumas National Forest in Northern California that lost nearly 23,000 acres of forest due to a fire caused by multiple lightning strikes in July 2007. Two short month’s later moonlight Fire struck and took another 65,000 acres. As bloggers we can make a huge impact on the world around us. Running a blog leaves a carbon footprint but we can help neutralize that by the planting of more trees. Here’s how you can be a part of the great reforesting project:

Go to their website and get your button.


Write a short post and send them a copy when it publishes.


How simple is that? Making a difference doesn’t have to be hard. Every effort has the power to change the world.

4 comments:

  1. I just did this on my blog too :) It's such a great idea. Anything to help our planet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project. I've read about it from several other bloggers too and I think it's wonderful. Now I've just to got to "make" time to drop by their website and sign up. Thanks for the reminder.

    Mason
    Thoughts in Progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this! I'm in the process of doing it now. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this CC! I am a tree-hugger deep to my core and lived in Oregon for long enough to love northern California (though none of the Cal teams *cough*) but this is easy enough! I will get there this weekend, as tomorrow I have a guest, but definitely a cause close to my heart.

    ReplyDelete