Thursday, October 1, 2009

Entertainment Meme

I was tagged by Diane from Spunk on a Stick for the Entertainment Meme.....

Covering books, movies, music, and more!

1. What book is your favorite?
I don't think I could pick just one as a favorite. I do have a set of antique books that is a collection of all the classic authors (Wilde, Dickens, Poe, Browning, etc.). It is most treasured because my father bought them for me when I was a child and they sparked my love of books. After thinking about this overnight, if I did have to choose just one it would be Timeline by Michael Crichton (movie didn't do it justice, although I did enjoy the movie, too. Gerard Butler is so hot!!)

2. Oldest books you own?
I have an original edition of Paradise Lost illustrated by Gustav Dore. I also have a signed copy of one of the original printings of Gone With The Wind and an old architect book from the early 1800's of a building in England that has hand-written notes from the architect in it. One of the funnest is an instructional book from 1890 on how to be a wife and homemaker. I have tons of old books, I'd have to check the publication dates to know which one was truly the oldest.

3. Any autographed books?
L. Diane Wolfe, Preetham Grandhi, Christine Feehan, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Gone With The Wind.......

4. Biggest name author you've ever met?
Unfortunately I am terrible with names and most of the authors I met were when I ran a bookstore back in the 90's and coordinated all the marketing and book signings. Most were historical authors from NC. I have their books packed away and don't recall their names. The most recent author I have met in person is the wonderful, L. Diane Wolfe and she is fabulous!

5. How many books do you own?
Roughly a little over 2000

6. Favorite movie?
Too Many to name just one....Willow, The Dark Crystal. Legend, LOTR trilogy(sensing a trend here?), the original Star Wars trilogy (before they must it up with all the CGI stuff)

7. Favorite Disney movie?
Sleeping Beauty

8. Movie that always makes you cry?
You know in my younger days I never cried at movies or much at anything really. I was a tough chick, but in the past few years I tear up at movies more. Can't think of one in particular though.

9. Scariest movie?
I'm jaded, I've seen so many horror movies, none of them are scary to me anymore. I have to say Exorcist 3 did give me nightmares (the figure draped in white that floats across in the background with the huge shears was so creepy, you never saw what that figure did, it was very subliminal) and the original Nightmare on Elm Street was scary to me when I watched it as a teenager.

10. Most romantic movie?
Manon of Spring. It's french and the most poignant movie.

11. Favorite musician or band?
There are so many I love, but if I have to name just one, I'm going with a classic... The Eagles

12. Favorite genre of music?
That's hard,I love the music from the 70's (great lyrics and songs that had soul) and the 80's (wild & fun, big hair, crazy make-up and outfits- what wasn't to love)

13. Musician you've seen the most in concert?
I Don't really go to concerts much so each would tie for one each.... Elton John, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Lifehouse, Dillon Fence, Bad Brains & Slayer(yes, I was dragged to those last two)

14. Favorite song?
Iris by the GooGoo Dolls

15. Saddest song?
Against All Odds by Phil Collins

16. Favorite TV show?
hhmmmm, yet another hard one, I'm a sci-fi and crime show junkie and there are just so many good ones to choose from... If I have to pick one, I'm going to go with Fringe (although it's a really close call with The Closer. I love Brenda Lee Johnson.... Thank You, Thank you so much)

17. Favorite reality-based show?
I really don't like "un" Reality TV Shows, but I must say I am getting hooked on Project Runway.

Check out http://facebook.com/chrismcarter for some video clips of the show I wrote & directed that makes fun of Reality TV, or see lots of pictures on http://myspce.com/merlynsnymph Here is just one picture from the zaniness:
"Contestant Brock, the Jock and former single guy from the show "I Wanna Wife" accidentally catches his pan on fire during the Satan's Diner round with Chef Lambert in Reality Bites"

18. Favorite TV sport?
Football (one of the few sports I actually know what's going on)

19. When traveling, entertainment of choice?
Site-seeing. I love to explore old places, preferably the non-touristy ones.

20. Favorite home entertainment outside of books, movies, music, and TV?
You mean there is something else that could be entertaining? Seriously, I love playing board games or sitting around telling stories with friends.

I'm tagging:

Crystal @ Crystal Clear Proofing
Kristen @ Bookworming in the 21st Century
Raspberry @ Two and A Half Book Lovers

2 comments:

  1. You're right, we DO have a lot in common! LOVE The Dark Crystal - that movie was before its time. The shears scene in Exorcist 3 was SO creepy. And I'm sorry about the Slayer...
    Great shot from your play, too!
    And thanks for the mention. The autographed Gone With The Wind definitely trumps me though.

    ReplyDelete