Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Photo Tuesday (meme created by L. Diane Wolfe)

Welcome to another photo Tuesday. I have to admit my photo skills are not as great as Diane's, but I loved the theme so I'm going to run with it. I like to keep a camera handy and take photos of things that inspire me to write. So here are a few photos I've taken recently....




This is a photo I took with my cell because the batteries were dead in my camera. It is of a Pirate ship coming down the Cape Fear River and shooting it's cannon for the Riverfest Celebration in Wilmington, NC. There are endless possible pirate stories this one can inspire.



Dragons always inspire me. I am Medievalgrrl after all. One of the things I love about dragons is that because they are mythical, they are timeless. This little guy is Riogon. He is the protector of my car. Actually he draws more attention than he repels, but I love him.



This is a photo I took from my office window yesterday. It's One Tree Hill filming in the rain. For those of you who don't know me, I used to work in the film industry, so seeing a set always brings back happy, exhausting memories. What most people don't know is that a film set is like a story within a story. There is always behind the scenes drama to inspire a creative writer.



Here is a rainbow I took outside my house about a week ago. Rainbows have always inspired people. Where would the Wizard of Oz be without a rainbow? Where would the leprechauns hide their pots of gold? Where would we find hope after a devastating storm. (if you look carefully you will see this picture has not one but two rainbows)




Searching the sky has inspired more than just a few writers. How many of us as children or adults have wondered what's beyond? I'm sure an equal number have looked for shapes in the clouds. Ever imagined a world that exist in a realm of clouds?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, don't sell yourself short, Chris - those are wonderful photos!
    Gosh, now I want a dragon on my dash, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Awesome photos. Love the rainbows!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty amazing photos. I love the rainbow.

    BTW..I love the cat pictures too. We have one that looks like Merlyn. His name is Buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!

    Diane I found my dragon at Target in the toy section and had to have him.

    ReplyDelete