Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Good The Bad & The Ugly Wednesday

Welcome to another week of The Good The Bad & The Ugly. For those of you that are discovering this weekly feature for the first time, let me tell you what it is. Every Wednesday, I introduce you to three sites or blogs I have discovered. Generally, the three sites will follow a similar theme. Don't let the ominous title fool you, all the sites are great in their own way and worthy of following and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly are just titles with twisted meanings. The Good is a site that is intriguing and you should check it out if you get a chance. The Bad is a site that will surprise you and you may find yourself checking out more than once. The Ugly is so fabulous you may find yourself addicted. This week we take a look at some author blogs and hopefully you will not only discover a new blog you like but also a new author.

The Good- is a blog I only discovered on Monday after reading an interview on Spunk on a Stick Tips.  Jamieson Wolf's self titled bloghas the subtitle "Words that satisfy every need..." I haven't had a chance to read many of his post yet, but they are very candid and give you the feel of sitting in a coffee shop or at a friends house and listening to that friend talk. The post that struck me when I first checked out the blog is last Thursday's Blind Karma. As a big believer in Karma, this post is an excellent example of what our society today is like and how doing a small thing for someone else can make your day. Hopefully it will inspire you to go out an do your own good deeds.

The Bad- is Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow. I discovered this one last week after checking out one of my commenters. Actually she has many blogs, and I haven't had a chance to look at them all yet so I decided to go withthe first one that caught me attention. Make sure when you check out her page that you click on her profile and go visit some of her others as well. I'm sure they are equally as wonderful. This blog is a mixture of reviews, meme's and musings. Those musings are short stories that are nice little pick-me-ups or distractions when you need a little break from the same old sites. With Thanksgiving being next week, check out this post.

The Ugly- is Belle Karper's Beauties and Beasts.......... Blog! Baby! Blog! . What can I say, I love this woman's style. If a man ever wanted to know what goes on in a woman's mind then he should go to this site. Karper's blog is like a running narrative of thoughts.  She is witty and sometimes sarcastic and the way she puts it down in her post has almost a random yet not disjointed feel. Just like that little voice in our heads. You know the one where we are talking to ourselves only we are glad no one can really hear us because we might sound a little nutty or maybe occasionally spastic. Only Karper doesn't sound funny or spastic, she will make you smile and often even laugh. In my book, we definitely need more sites like that. One of the first post I read on this site was This is one of the things I want to be when I grow up....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite an interesting variety of fun new blogs/sites to check out!

    This is a fun feature you have, CC! It's wonderful exposure for those featured and like a treasure hunt for us! You just never know what goodies you'll uncover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great, good, bad and ugly post! Hmmm - doesn't sound like compliment when I read it back, but it's meant to be. :) I'm familiar with the Spunkster bue will have check out the other two blogs.

    The Old Silly

    ReplyDelete