Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Good The Bad and The Ugly Wednesday

84
This week, The Good The Bad and The Ugly is going to highlight new bloggers and in addition to introducing you to these three great new 2009 blogs, I’m awarding each of these bloggers The Quest Award, which celebrates those blogs that may still be in their infancy but are growing. The three I’ve chosen today are not just growing but leaping into adolescence. And while this post usually ranks from The Good- ‘you should check it out if you get a chance’ to The Ugly- ‘you must visit this site’, all of today’s sites are equally compelling. So go check out these wonderful blogs and be sure to leave some comment love.

The Good- The Quiddity of Delusion was started in July. The title alone made me want to check it out. His blog is mostly short stories and flash fiction with some book reviews thrown in. His post are unique and as his profile hopes, “vicariously diverting’. His blog would not be classified as mainstream or his stories typical. His view is slightly askew of that and that is what makes his blog so refreshing and a little bit addicting. Make sure you stop by and read some of his work. While I can’t tell you what emotions will be invoked, I can almost guarantee an emotion will be.

The Bad- Writing Mommies was started in May and is written by four blogging moms. Here what you’ll find in addition to writing tips, links to writing contest/paying jobs/resources/opportunities, marketing and networking advice, you’ll find interviews and amusing anecdotes. In their side bar, they have some great gadgets such as an Autocrit Editing Wizard, The Writer’s Idea Bank and a Writer’s Quote of the Day. I discovered them through Linked-In and their post ‘The Best Writing Advice I Ever Received’ and was shocked and amused at the picture that greeted me with that post. Of course, I love that they have an email subscriber box. Being super busy, I love to follow my fellow bloggers but often don’t have time to visit, however, being able to get the latest post in my inbox is a guarantee that I’ll read every post.

The Ugly- Confessions of a Watery Tart, Hart Johnson or as her bloggers know her, Watery Tart, started her blog in June. Her ‘confessions’ are a wonderfully colorful hodge-podge of writing/publishing insights, random news & thoughts, and often humorous bits that flow from the enigmatic mind of hers. Ok, I’ll admit, I also love that she was one of the brave bloggers who took on part of Ember’s journey. And let me tell you, it was a somewhat hedonistic delight! The only negative is she doesn’t have an email subscribe button, please I beg you, I need this option. Ok, enough of my whining… but seriously, get one. This blog is one you must check out. It’s my guilty pleasure and when go there make sure you check out her Monday, Nov 2nd post ‘Dear Blog’.

12 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the kudos and kind words! I forgot to add your blog to my blog list, so I've very sheepishly done so this morning.

    ::slaps forehead::

    I'd be happy to try the next installment of the Ember saga, but I might need a précis to refresh my ailing memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to say that I am already following two of these blogs:) Good to know that I'm reading the good stuff (though I already suspected this). I'll definintly have a look at the other blog you highlighted though. Bloggong mommies sounds right up my street :)

    And yes! We need the next part to Ember's adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I enjoy Hart's blog a lot! She's so much fun and her blog is so entertaining!

    How wonderful to have two more highly recommended blogs to check out! I'm on my way...

    OH! And Congratulations to these bloggers on their award! :) (Awards are just so much fun! And they spread HAPPY!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I thought when I read this post's title - CC is NOT going to call a couple bloggers out as "Bad" and "Ugly!" LOL, then I read the content as understood the benevolent intent. Nicely done, kudos to the fine bloggers, and now I have 3 new blogs to check out - thanks!

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ - Thanks. If you need a refresh on Ember click the link at the top of the page or go to her Facebook Fan Page and it has all the post in one place. Remember you can do anything with her story , it doesn't have to follow that same as the post before.

    Tundiel - great mind follow alike.

    Crystal - Aren't awards the best. I love spreading Blog Happiness.

    Marvin - I just like the saying The Good The Bad & The Ugly, get's people's attention, so I decided to make them all good things. Check out some of the other Wednesday's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ok I get it - a weekly feature. Cool. Still new to your readership, but The Old Silly catches on slow (wink)

    ReplyDelete
  7. An interesting way to critique books. Most people are afraid to give a bad critique. Hopefully mine will make it to your GOOD critique someday.

    Stephen Tremp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an honor! Thanks so much for the kudos for Writing Mommies. We sincerely appreciate it!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I am one of the Writing Mommies. I would like to say thank you for this honor. Happy Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so TOTALLY TICKLED! Thank you CC! And i LOVE being Ugly! I really appreciate the shout out and recommendation--I bet you're responsible for my new views today, as I haven't gotten my post up just yet!

    I already enjoy Mark's slender thighs, but I will have to check out the mommies too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stephen - Thanks. I checked out your blog & website. your book Breakthrough looks fascinating. I love the cover art. Email me if you would like me to review it.

    Angela, Alyssa & Hart - You are very welcome. I love your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great support from you CC - and yes, they all deserve the accolade! you too! who's giving you the CC Award?

    ReplyDelete