Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Great 80's Movie Lines - Day 2

Today's movies are all fantasies.

"A" - In this movie an unlikely band of characters must rescue a princess and save their planet.

"Good fighters make bad husbands."

"I am Ergo the magnificent. Short in stature,tall in power, narrow of purpose and wide of vision. And I do not travel with peasants and beggars."

"Only the right man can retrieve the Glaive."

"Freedom? We have it! And fame? Nah. It's an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad!"

"My name is no jest, beanpole. It's all very well to have a short name when you're twenty feet tall, but small people need large names to give them weight."

"Each to his fate."

"He marches us toward a solid face of rock. The man has raisins in his braincase."

"Would you follow a king to the black fortress?" " Now I know you're a lunatic. I wouldn't follow my own father to the black fortress."


"B" - This movie starred an unrecognizable Tim Curry as the Lord of Darkness.

"Every wolf suffers fleas. 'Tis easy enough to scratch!"

"The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity."

"Look! Ugly one-horned mule!"

"This place holds more magic for me than any palace in the world."

"Mortal world turned to ice... Here be goblin paradise!"

"What care I for human hearts? Soft and spiritless as porridge! A faerie's heart beats fierce and free!"

"I require the solace of the shadows and the dark of the night. Sunshine is my destroyer."

"neither country proverb nor King's command could keep me from the woods today."

"C" -This movie starred a rocker who loved Stardust.

"I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave."

"So, young woman, the way forward is sometimes the way back."

"Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl whose stepmother always made her stay home with the baby. And the baby was a spoiled child, and wanted everything to himself, and the young girl was practically a slave. But what no one knew is that the king of the goblins had fallen in love with the girl, and he had given her certain powers. so one night, when the baby had been particularly druel to her, she called upon the goblins for help!"

"You have thriteen hours in which to solve the labyrinth, before your baby brother becomes one of us... forever."

"It's a crystal. Nothing more, but if you turn it this way and look into it, it will show you your dreams. but this is not a gift for an ordinary girl who takes care of a screaming baby."

"EVERYTHING! Everything that you wanted I have done. You asked that the child be taken. I took him. You cowered before me. I was frightening.I have reordered time. I have turned the world upside down, and I have done it all for YOU! I am exhausted from living up to your expectations of me. Isn't that generous?"

7 comments:

  1. Boy these were harder. Here are my guesses:

    A: Krull
    B: Legend
    C: Labyrinth

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 - Krull
    2 - Legend
    3 - Labyrinth

    LOVED Legend! All I had to see were the words "Tim Curry" & "Darkness!"

    BTW - we have the duble DVD and have watched the director's cut, which was the European version. Sadly, it lacked as well, as the restoration of some scenes eliminated others and the Tangerine Dream soundtrack was replaced with something more pedestrian. I think somewhere between the two versions lies the perfect movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are good. I knew these would be harder. That's why I tried to make a really good hint and I did a review last week of the one I thought people would miss.

    Diane- I have both disc also and I agree completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Labyrinth right away and with some head scratching and memory bank jolting picked up on Legend. Never saw Krull so missed that one. :( But hey - 2 outa 3 ain't bad, eh?

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, this was a great idea for something a little different and fun, Chris! And I'm really amazed that I did get all three! I wrote them down before looking here at others' comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first one is Krull - love it.
    The second one is Legend - love it too.
    and the third one is Labyrinth - How is it possible that you chose 3 of my favorite movies this time?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. By golly you're right! I said that I was surprised that I (thought) I got them all, but sure enough, didn't list them! So here ya go!
    1. Krull
    2. Legend
    3. Labyrinth

    Thanks for pointing that out to me!

    ReplyDelete