Thursday, November 5, 2009

Great 80's Movie Lines - Day 4

The movies today are dramas about college students and adults with moments of humor.

"A" - Before Nicolette Sheridan was a Desperate housewife she was introduced in this film as a bikini clad catch.

" How would you like to have a sexual experience so explosive it would change your political views?"

"Life is the ultimate experience."

" 8 o'clock?.... I don't know, that's when I rearrange my sock drawer."

"Yes, I can. This is America. I can go anywhere."

"I'm not going to bed with you. I'm going to bed in a bed you happen to be in also."

"This is called shotgunning beer, an ancient tribal custom."

"Tonight is the 1st night of the rest of your sex life, Walter Gibson."

"B" - This movie has a frosty title and happens to be Kevin Costner's first film. Too bad he played a corpse the whole time.

"They're either married or gay. And if they're not gay, they've just broken up with the most wonderful woman in the world, or they've just broken up with a bitch who looks exactly like me. They're in transition from a monogamous relationship and they need more space. Or they're tired of space, but they just can't commit. Or they want to commit, but they're afraid to get close. they want to get close, you don't want to get near them."

"Amazing tradition. They throw a great party for you on the day they know you can't come."

"It's a cold world out there. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting a little frosty myself.

"He went out with a bang, not a whimper."

"You're so analytical! Sometimes you just have to let art... flow... over you."

"Eventually he was hospitalized for being such a nerd."

"I haven't met that many happy people in my life. How do they act?"

"There's some asshole at work you have to kowtow to, and you find yourself doing things you thought you'd never do. But you try and minimize that stuff; be the best person you can be. But you set your priorities. And that's the way life is."

"C" - This movie gave us the Brat pack in all their glory.

"I always thought we'd be friends forever." "Yeah, well forever got a lot shorter all of a sudden."

"You're being arrested for drunk driving." "Drunk definitely, I don't know if you could call it driving."

"Why do you think God created credit?"

"I'm obsessed! Thank you very much!"

"I wouldn't strike a match near his blood."

"4 months after graduation and you're still acting like every night's a frat party."

"You break my heart, but then again you break everyone's heart."

"Is that a coffin?" "Yeah, I got it to impress the ladies"

"No Springstein is leaving this house!"

"Do not hand that man a blowtorch."

"You know this smells to me like a little bit of self created drama."

"I never thought I'd be so tired at 22. I just don't know who to be anymore."

"And all this time I was afraid you'd find out I wasn't fabulous."

"Go get out of hand."

"She is the only evidence of God I've seen with the exception of the mysterious force that removes one sock from the dryer every time I do my laundry."

"There is the brink of insanity and then there is the abyss, which obviously you have fallen into!"

"Never trsut a woman who says she isn't angry"

"Love, love, you know what love is? Love is an illusion created by lawyer types like yourself to perpetuate another illusion called marriage to create the reality of divorce and then the illusionary need for divorce lawyers."

"There are several quintessential moments in a man's life: losing his virginity, getting married, becoming a father, and having the right girl smile at you."

5 comments:

  1. Wow some more great movies!

    A: The Sure Thing
    B: The Big Chill
    C: St. Elmo's Fire

    Zia

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- The Sure Thing
    2 - The Big Chill (almost didn't get this one)
    3 - St. Elmo's Fire

    Okay, they are indeed getting tougher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Diane! I read over the quotes for the first one several times before I guessed (again, I THINK) correctly! Good job on making them more challenging every day (for me at least)!
    1. The Sure Thing --?
    2. The Big Chill
    3. St. Elmo's Fire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know the first one, but the second I knew as soon as you mentioned Kevin Costner playing a corpse. Bless him, all his scenes ( and there were alot of them) were left on the cutting room floor.

    Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I thought these might be harder so I tried to put something in the hint people could look up if they needed to.

    Elspeth- I think as a mystery writer you'll appreciate the final movie tomorrow. It's another great Tim Curry film.

    ReplyDelete