Monday, November 16, 2009

Book Review - The Guilt Gene by Diana M. Raab


The Guilt Gene is a delightful collection of poems that follow the stages of Diana M. Raab's life. Like life some of her poems are simple and some are complex. Some are sad and some are funny. Some are full of despair and some full of hope. Raab takes you on a journey thru her life and in the process takes you down your own memeory lane. The reader is given an inside glimpse into Roob's mind and can rejoice with her when she figures aspects of life out and feel a kinship with her when other aspects leave her confused and humbled. The book is a small collection and can easily be read in one sitting, even while waiting in line or for an appointment, but the memories it invokes will linger.




This book was provided by the author and will be given to a commenter.

5 comments:

  1. First I have to comment on such an interesting title.

    This is a book I feel compelled to read. There is comfort to be found in reading someone else's journey and identifying through glimpses of their experiences...a connectedness of that makes you realize that you're not the only one that feels a certain way, or ponders over circumstances in life - good and "bad."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm hooked on a new band called Guilt Machine, that title caught my attention, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title and another fine sounding book. Hey CC, I got my copy of "Prodigal Sons" in the mail this weekend - thanks!

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the title also. And I really loved the picture of Raab holding the book that I found on her website. It's just suits her perfectly.

    Marvin- Your welcome! Hope you enjoy it. I'll be interviewing Sheldon on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an intriguing review, Carter. I don't always like poetry, but Raab's poetry piques my interest, thanks to your revieew.

    I also agree with Crystal Clear about the title; who doesn't have guilt feelings about one thing or another.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Betty Dravis

    ReplyDelete