Monday, November 23, 2009

A Time For Being Thankful



The above painting entitled The First Thanksgiving was done by Jean Louis Gerome Ferris centuries ago. To me it symbolizes the melting pot of our country and shows us at our best. As we enjoy Thanksgiving this year may we remember those who came before us and opened their hearts and their homes to all and gave thanks for and shared the abundance of life that they had. In our modern times, when we face many of life challenges, lets take this opportunity to be thankful for all the blessings we have, no matter how small they may be. It is the little things in life that carry us through.

I will not be posting this week, as I know many of you will be preparing for family gatherings, traveling and celebrating. To all of you, where ever you are from, I wish you a safe, healthy and happy Thanksgiving week!

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Chris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that painting. I'm traveling and busy all week too, very little wifi time, but just stopped in to say "Happy thanksgiving!" I do have posts scheduled to publish all week, so if ya got a minute and wanna stop in, always welcome, but regardless have yourself a GREAT week!

    Marvin D Wilson

    ReplyDelete