Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Great 80's Movie Lines - Day 3

Todays movies are all about the teen years.

"A" - This movie will have your toes tapping.

"He's testing us! He's testing us!"

"If you ask me, Ren is a total fox."

"Ren- "You like Men at Work?" Willard- "Where they work?"

"Either you got jumbo coconut balls or you're stupid."

"Yes and I'm not the first one that's noticed it. I mean we're not stuck in the goddamn middle ages here. I mean we've got TV. We've got Family Feud. We're not stuck in Leave It To Beaver land here."

"He's from out of town and don't tell me that doesn't curl your toes because I know it does."

"You won't get any dancing here, it's illegal."

"Did you ever get busted for boppin’?"

"What do you mean, I have to fight city hall?"

"Ecclesiastes assures us... that there is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to laugh... and a time to weep. A time to mourn... and there is a time to dance. And there was a time for this law, but not anymore. See, this is our time to dance. It is our way of celebrating life. It's the way it was in the beginning. It's the way it's always been. It's the way it should be now."


"B" - Teen angst at it's best. This movie shows we aren't all that different.

"We're all pretty bizarre.Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all"

"Remember how you said your parents use you to get back at each other? Wouldn't I be outstanding in that capacity?"

"You do everything everyone tells you to do and that is a problem."

"That man.... is a brownie hound."

"Why do you have to insult everybody?"  "I'm being honest, asshole. I would expect you to know the difference."

"Do you think I'd speak for you? I don'y even know your language."

"Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?"

"Obviously she's crazy if she's screwing a shrink."

"If he gets up, we'll all get up,it'll be anarchy.'

"I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights."

"When you grow up, your heart dies."

"Obscene finger gestures from such a pristine girl."

"Well if you say you haven't you're a prude. If you say you have you're a slut. It's a trap. You want to but you can't and when you do you wish you didn't, right?"

"C" - Another great teen angst movie where love is a confusing thing.

"Donger's here five hours and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life and I'm like a disease.

"Would you stop feeling sorry for yourself? It's bad for your complexion."

"I mean not many girls in contemporary American society today would give their underwear to help a geek like me."

"You wanna know what happened? Buy the book!"

"It's real human of you to listen to all my bullshit."

"You know, I'm getting input here that I'm reading as relatively hostile."

"That's why they call them crushes. If they were easy, they'd call them something else."

"Why do you think you're a dork? I don't think you're a dork. I don't think mom thinks you're a dork."

"Relax, would you. We have seventy dollars and a pair of girls underpants. We're safe as kittens."

"Ha Ha Ha! Now we're both on the pill." "You gave me a birth control pill? Do you know what that can do to a guy my age?"

"I want a serious girlfriend. Somebody I can love, that's gonna love me back. Is that psycho?"

"What's happening, hotstuff?"

4 comments:

  1. Another set of great movies!

    A: Footloose
    B: The Breakfast Club
    C: Sixteen Candles

    I'm really enjoying this 80's week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I really didn't think my brain cells still had memory from that long ago left in there!

    I agree with Zia! I'm loving 80's week! Not only testing my memory, but revisiting a great decade! (And to comment on something you posted Monday introducing the theme for this week - I had BIG hair, past my shoulders, and it's naturally curly when it's longer, so I'd use steam rollers! POOF! BIG HAIR! LOL)

    Anyway...back to today. Tah-dah! My answers are Footloose, TBC, and Sixteen Candles!

    I don't trust myself not to be tipped off my others' answers, so I wrote them down first! I was not sure about the last one, but something must have stuck in my brain cuz I (think) I got it!!

    Fun, fun, fun Chris!! Looking forward to what's up for tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - Footloose
    2 - The Breakfast Club
    3 - Sixteen Candles

    My new challenge is to get it off your description alone! (Had to read first word of dialogue to be sure I had #3, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are enjoying the 80's week. I may have to do another 80's trivia week sometime with maybe music, because the music was great then too!

    ReplyDelete