Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Around Town... The Celtic Shop

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!


I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the day than to take you on a trip to Ireland. Ok, well, I can’t afford to do that, so the next best thing is to take you on a tour of The Celtic Shop in the old Cotton Mill in downtown Wilmington. No passport required for this journey, just a love of all things Irish.

Walking into The Celtic Shop is truly like teleporting to the olde country. When you walk through the doors you will be greeted by the wonderful Laura Lambert (the store proprietor), Flip (the beautiful and most lovable pit bull you’ll ever meet) and if he’s feeling social, Danny Boy (a huge- must be the Irish food and regal tabby). You will hear soothing Celtic music playing as you stroll down the aisles (if you listen really hard you may even hear a faerie or two singing along). Anything you could want, this shop has. They have t-shirt, pottery, cards, pewter, mugs, jewelry, blankets, figurines, flags, cd’s…… you name it, if it’s Irish, Scottish or Celtic you will find it. If you don’t, you really will have to go to Ireland to get it. This is where the stateside leprechauns come to shop and get in touch with their roots, so if you are in town, stop by for a chat and some wonderful gifts, you may even see one of the wee folk peaking out from behind a plate.

I could go on and on, but I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story:

Flip
























Sadly, there isn’t a web site, but if you see anything in the pictures you can’t live without or you’re looking for a particular Celtic inspired item, give Laura a call at 910-763-1990 and she’ll take care you.


Of course you know I have many items from here; my favorites being a Scottish Kilt Purse and a shamrock and ladybug pin. In fact, I think the pin is so fabulous, I picked up an extra one to give away to one lucky commenter. To be in the drawing to win one all you have to do is comment on one of the Irish inspired post this week.

6 comments:

  1. How neat to have a Celtic Shop in town. The music would be a great draw for me. From the photos I can see where you'd need several hours to shop there and the dog and cat would be an added charm. Thanks for sharing a little of Ireland.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss me, I'm Irish! You can see why I have a natural draw towards my faeries! Red hair, green eyes, and all (aye, and I have a wee bit o' temper!). Of course you must have faerie blood coursing through you veins as well Fiery One because you ride dragon back. Cheers!
    "May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post, with wonderful pictures and info about your little Celtic shop in Wilmington. If I'm ever up that way, I'll have to stop in!

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures remind me of the many little shops I visited while in Ireland. I miss roaming the tiny crowded aisles looking for treasures that I couldn't resist. Luckily we have 2 similar stores where I live but the articles are more limited than what I saw in your pictures.

    I loved the display of Belleek in one of the pictures. Besides Waterford, Belleek is one of my favorite Irish products to collect.
    Thanks for bringing back some memories for me.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day

    bstilwell12 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. We positively have to go there!!!!!!!!!


    And pet the kitty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladies- if any of you ever find yourself in Wilmington bring your walking shoes and let me know. I'll take you on a tour of all these fabulous little stores.

    ReplyDelete