Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Triangle of Deception by Haggai Carmon


Triangle of Deception by Haggai Carmon is an intellectual spy novel. In it, Dan Gordon works for both the American CIA and the Israeli Mossad, trying to infiltrate a tight knit terrorist organization. Through many aliases, close calls, being imprisoned and following leads around the globe, the character of Dan Gordon keeps the reader engaged and turning the pages to see what happens next. Carmon has written an intriguing cloak and dagger spy novel that brings fact and fiction together. One of the unique characteristics of this book is that the author also occasionally references the spy manual that is the basis for Dan Gordon’s training. By doing this the reader is given a glimpse into why the agent does some of the things he does. Four out of five stars.


This book was provided by the author.

3 comments:

  1. Have you read any of Daniel Silva's books? Curious how you think they compare. This one sounds interesting! Thanks for the recommendation.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do read Daniel Silva's books. I would have to say I think Silva's work flows smoother and is easier to read. I can read one of Silva's books in one sitting, but then I also like that Silva has a recurring character. This one took me several days.

    If you like these types of books you should read Steve Berry. He is one of my favorites and I haven't read a book of his yet that I wouldn't give a five.

    ReplyDelete