Thursday, January 7, 2010

The One Day Way by Chantel Hobbs


When I first started reading The One Day Way by Chantel Hobbs two phrases came to my mind: “Carpe Diem” and “Save the cheerleader save the world”. Yes, I watch too many movies and TV shows. Carpe Diem, Seize the day, is what Hobbs’ book is all about. Hobbs calls herself a coach and a trainer, but after reading her book she seems more like a good friend who will stand by you and cheer you on to success, hence the Save the cheerleader save the world, basically one day at a time. The One Day Way has the requisite nutritional tips and has a great exercise section, but it is Hobbs’ voice that really comes across the most in the book. Essentially, she tells us to let go of the past, we can change what we did yesterday and tomorrow is the future which we really can’t control, but what we can control is what we do today. For a procrastinator it is a truly inspiring book and will get you up and acting instead of saying I’ll start tomorrow. Her book isn’t another diet book, as we all know diets don’t work, besides diet really is a four letter word. Hobbs teaches you how to change the way you think, one day at a time and transform your life. It’s more than a book to help you lose weight or get in better shape even though that is its goal. It’s a book that will motivate you in all aspects of your life. I wonderful book, I highly recommend. So as the new year starts off, don’t make another resolution for the future you won’t keep, get a copy of this book and start changing your life today. Take a look at the beautiful authors before and after photo below. Five of five stars.



This book was provided by WaterBrook Multnomah. You can learn more about this book at Random House.

Leave a comment and share what is it you will start today. For me, I started writing more today. A copy of this book will be sent to one lucky commenter.

3 comments:

  1. Your reviews are so awesome.

    As for what I will start today,
    I read once to avoid the clutter to only handle an item ONE TIME. No more piling up of STUFF on my tables, desk and counters. I've gone through every pile and stack of paper and this time, it's going to stay this way! I'm determined!

    Best to you with your writing! (Nudge, nudge) -- you told me to do that and I haven't - so, nudge, nudge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I do need the nudge! That is one of the reasons I'm trying to write shorter posts (combined with considering my blog readers are busy and shorter posts are easier for them to fit into their schedules).

    I live in a small space so I have to watch the clutter very carefully. Unfortunately I do handle things twice. During the week I let them pile on my desk and then on Saturday I go through everything and deal with it.

    Not that I wouldn't love to get in better shape and lose a little weight(which is the focus of this book), but really it made me feel so motivated to do all sorts of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews and interviews are always awesome, Carter. I especially enjoy this one; what a beautiful, inspiring woman. Thanks for sharing.

    My interview of you is working its way to the top of my stack, so I should take a lesson from you and Crystal Clear: LESS CLUTTER. But with so many irons in the fire, it's very hard.

    Meanwhile, I need an in-depth profile of you so I can start working on the questions. I DO want you among my DREAM REACHERS...badly. I won't get around to the interview until February, but send the profile asap.

    Thanks,honey, and keep up the great work. You rock!

    Sweet dreams,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete