Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Great Grammar Book by Marsha Srameck



Unless you are an editor, proof reader or teacher, the thought of reading a book on grammar will make you say, “ugh”. The Great Grammar Book by Marsha Srameck will surprise you. It’s a fresh breath of grammar air. In the beginning, there is a Diagnostic Test that will show you where your weak areas are. Then she deftly covers grammar rules in a fun and witty way that will help you remember them. Srameck also provides extensive writing exercises to help you overcome your problem areas (I’m still working on mine). The Great Grammar Book is a great reference to keep on hand for any student, blogger, writer or anyone who wants to improve their written words. Five of five stars.


This book was provided by the author and will not be given away. I need all the help I can get.

5 comments:

  1. I've read about this book via the link you gave me and it sounds like a first-rate grammar book especially directed toward personal education and self-testing. Just from the review I read, not having read it myself, I feel safe in saying that I would recommend this book to anyone needing help with writing/grammar issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. That's me! I wasn't signed in to Blogger and I showed up as Anonymous. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last comment, CC!
    I could use that kind of help myself. I am not a grammar queen. (Although I might be the spelling court-jester.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Crystal & Diane. It's a great book. You should check out the website it has the diagnostic test on it. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too can use all the help I can find. It's on my wish list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete